Saturday, January 20, 2007

The very 1st thing I did in Sydney...


... I went off the plane... to ride another plane up to 14 k feet and jumped!

Ya, the feeling was scary as you are being pushed out of the plane and fall into a space.... without any border..

Felt the gravity, quite strong..! There is no time to fear at all but heaven and earth keep turning around in the first seconds. Is a tandem dive which means there is an instructor attached to you to make you safe. Well, you don't feel his weight at all as you are in mid-air.

Quite a while, you dunno what to do but being asked to flip your hand, doing things silly such as screaming, yielding, make fun with faces with 220km/h air blowing directly on your face when you looked down... It is very fast and you wonder when you open your parachute.

It is quite different from bungy jump (though I never done it) as I could imagine because it takes longer time to fall. You really need to take time for the acceleration to reach to a optimum point whereas you won't have enough time for a short height in bungy jump at all (correct me and share your bungy jump experience! :P)

No more fun after parachute opened?! Not really, indeed once the parachute launched, the feeling of being pulled up would felt like taking a fun ride in one of those crazy machines in the amusement park.. (zero weight/gravity). It was really a thrill and I really screamed out..! More experience in that kind of 'lift' when you switch direction which the instructor did it easily by pulling the sling. I got a feel when the instructor handed me the sling which I pulled on left, it turned left, pulled right it turned right and all together got lifted up as a swing..!

The landing was smooth and both of us landed on foot without knee down or sit on the grass...

The experience was one of the life time for sure. People can learn and dive by themselves once they got license by joining class. I don't think I will 'deep-in' the activity as in scuba diving. It is not relax enough for me to enjoy..! :P

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

As you probably know, yr mother was frantically trying to contact you in the first hours after you arrived in Sydney hehe. Luckily none of us knew what you were up to else she would've been worried (as mothers in general do) =-) Such a good thing to try - makes you feel alive!!
PS I would not do it myself though - I will stick to roller coasters :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger 百恩木子 said...

I just hate that 'washing-machine' things in amusement park..! This kind of activity always need to be done in a secret way ma..! ^_*

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home