Tuesday, October 23, 2007

1st nite in Kuta - Bali

Finished my shift, took a nap and jumped on the plane...

Again been to a place that I never have been to, no idea what it looks like... didn't make any booking at all and just open to different changes and plan... (even Amazing Race has a task for teams..). Extra stress or frustration? not really but just another time for adventure...

Walked around the airport after claiming my luggage, tried to catch the cheapest vehicle to Kuta... Different people approached me for transportation and hotel deal... until I met a man approached me from the other end, guessed I was a Japanese and told me he could do the job with 25 dollar...

Q: US$25 or Rp 25,000? (fr internet I got quote with public transport it cost Ro 30,000 with shuttle fr airport to Kuta)

I took the 2nd bet, and hot on his old van alone which I wouldn't have any idea where he was driving.. just to Kuta, budget hotel...

Got dropped off to a pretty old bungalow with no a.c. and swimming pool as the driver told me (since I told him I just want something budget). The reception quoted me Rp 250,000 per nite.. which I forgot to do my homework... (1. have to ask driver to drive me to Jalan Poppies where those backpackers are living; 2. Budget to stay in backpackers around Rp 100,000~!)

I checked the room and paid the room fee for 1 night.. (feel so strange when I give 50,000 notes 1 by 1 that I have to digged up my envelop for more since that's actually out of my budget..!).

The drama replayed again as in Vietnam when the motorcyclist ride me to the hotel in Hanoi.. which we were referring in different dollar...! (even worse in Hanoi that he said 30,ooo Dong which he actually demanded 300,000 Dong.. bad luck man..! X) The van driver in bali was annoyed and keep saying 'No, No.." But I think he knew he actually wanted to cheated me for such a 20 min drive for US$25 it's really astronomical and unreasonable...!! I kept my stand point.. finally gave him Rp 5,000 more as to make him feel better (he kept saying got bankrupt got bankrupt....)..

So, the world is, u cheat him, he cheats u....?! -_-

Will try rafting 1st time in my life 2molo... not sure i still able to blog in another town (Ubud)..

God bless..! ^^

ps. been to the bombing memorial plc.. still dark in there.. wish world peace..!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

enjoy your trip brother :)

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home