Thursday, February 22, 2007

First Night in Lunar New Year... sg

I got a small little break on Sunday, no work..!

Called my family... they are in high spirit, especially my grandma, not hearing good but still keen to talk about how happy she got her great grandson...! Wish you good health granny..!

The day, church, lunch and got back my room for siesta. Struggled to go out for dine or not after I woke up at 8pm.. Too late? too lazy..?! I decided to have a look with the 'dead city' in Chinese new year night so I went out..!

My plan was: jump in the first bus I ever saw and let it ride me to the terminal..
Ended up... I jumped on a bus no. 153, to Bukit Merah (Red Hill), a boring small local suburb with a bit of car retailer that sort of things...

Well, I have been to that place before by looking for a scooter, so that's not new to me...

The terrible thing, for sure, was to find a place to 'makan' (means eat).

It looked really dead... No live found... All people were evaporated..?!

Supermarket is closed, how can people buy their mandarin if they run out of him for visiting friends..?!









I saw the light, from the distance and went closer..! There's the place to eat, but that was the famous "Golden Arch" fast food store... :( I will never go there for the rest of this month for sure.. though the new year special bao wasn't too bad with the black pepper favour.. And then I found out another corner filled with people in there. A fast food store again, but in different cuisine..! That is an Indian store selling all those curry and prata sort of food.. such an exotic stuff to start my first new year meal..! I walked in and took my order, a meal and a blue berry lassi..! A bit spicy and hot but that was well covered with the good taste lassi..! Pretty contented when I walked out of the store and took the bus back to my room.
A new try out and a bit of adventure.. it's ok. A year without any red pocket...

1 more year to stay anyway, life goes on ^_^ Cheers!



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"kung hei fat choi!"MimI
"sun tek kin hong!" bIBi
"choi yuen kwok chun!" JijI
"chok yup ping on!" DaI lIk

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

我是第二次看你的日記,覺得你新年的探險之旅很特別,有點不可思議,但很自由,可以隨心而為,令人羨慕,祝新年蒙恩!

9:57 PM  
Blogger 巔峰 said...

偶爾的放任令人増添一份新鮮感,當中存在恐懼嗎?可能我的方向感差吧,這樣刺激的舉動恐怕永遠不會發生€_€
沉悶的春節假期過後,首個侍奉是聯同成長班的弟兄姊妹們探訪露宿者之家,短短兩小時的傾談歸納起宿友的共通點,除了複雜的家庭故事外,還有失業的時間各有長短,我們透過問答遊戲送出自備的禮物,這樣的贈送形式令宿友感受較自然。當夜深人靜,我彷彿聽見衪在跟我分析著轉工的利與弊,在七上八落的心情下不期然盼望你此時在線上.......很自私的念頭,皆因你此時應該圍在大伙友人間享受著假期。再次引用之前給你的短訊內容吧! 路難走,慢慢走,人難做,是沒錯,錢難賺,要細算,酒難喝,就少喝,年難過,算月過,日難過,勉強過,心難過,照樣過,工難做,總要做,同意嗎?

12:42 AM  
Blogger 百恩木子 said...

Joey: Good health to Mimi, Bibi, Jiji, and Dal Lik!

匿名: Just something to do other than trapping own self in a small confined place le... Happy Golden Pig Year..!

巔峰: tough life, life would be better in a better attitude le... may God guide you thru esp in the current decision.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home