Friday, June 29, 2007

The Transformers


Getting a bit tired after watching the movie, possible because of the fast moving action... Computer graphics they described as shown on the screen.. But they cheated by "scrubbed-up" without too much details with the zooming angles... covering up all faulty and illogical traces of physics + mechanism... became an eye-sore when you watched them..

Not as great as people praise as I feel about this movie, I found it so so (not a fans firstly)... mainly because of all those pounding sound effects created by these giant robots (we called it noise!) and how unreal they changed into different forms... not that convincing.. (sorry, starting to lose my childhood imagination)

Some quotes: "Human is primitive and violence." and "No sacrifice no peace." Sounds true, the same as these autobots. The most surprised saying was ,' WWJD'! How evangelical the movie is..!

Evangelical?! No wonder Sam (the youngster) said the super hi-tech Bumble Bee "must be from Japan", the big bad boss Megatron just looks like an Eva (biomechanic robots) in Evangelion with that a sharp jaw...!

Imaginative enemies (nations) to the US: Russia (still in the Cold War?), China (possible they never understand how Chinese think and perhaps the endless Taiwan issue) and Korea (North for sure). FBI in the States always seems to be portrayed as a group of unreasonable people stormed in people's home... (after Prison Break, you are not surprised these people can be good/bad).

We also saw the struggle between parents with youngsters.. even Opimus had a commented, ' Parents are difficult.' Is generation gap unavoidable?

Question: Why machines get touched with the cubic becomes evil and aggressive? I thought the cubic (the spark) is a neutral energy?!

*ps. The scene that you need to watch after the movie official ending is a plane scene after some credits flow up... (don't ask me what that is!) Don't need to stay thru all the credits to flow up as it has nothing to watch and wait for...!!! :P

(photos from Paramount Picture)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I was never a Transformers fan, but I don't hate them either. When I went to see the movie, I expected nothing. After seeing the movie, I came out smiling because it was a very silly movie with holes everywhere in the plot but I was impressed by the computer graphics. This movie is definitely one where you should leave your brain at home :)

6:26 AM  
Blogger 百恩木子 said...

Similar to the Pirates and the Spiders, they spent too much on graphics and didn't put too much time on the story...

I was tempted to watch Die Hard 4, but when I found Maggie Q was there... I was holding back a bit...

Which would be the next movie that I would walk-in..?! not so sure..

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard comment on DH4 from others. Nothing bad so far. It's not easy making a film to part 4 with new elements. Of course, you can't expect good story from DH. If you want some action scenes, this will be the choice. Remember not to be a logical watcher.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home