Friday, July 06, 2007

A mistake.. again


To start with:
I was looking for a book, not really care it was second hand or not. With a thought and impression that I could get cheaper stuff online, I started trying to click...

Amazon is the usual place I go for. But this time lots of the sellers wouldn't send books overseas...
I went for ebay because I was attracted by the low price and availablity of international shipment. But I forgot the 2 major killerss: payment and shipment.

Payment: This usually can be deal with paypal.. but my account was too old which the credit card doesn't exist anymore. I tried to update with a new card but the billing address was not changeable. So I ended up closing that account. The only way I could pay the seller was either in money order or cheque. Not to mentioned the additional commission from the post office + registered mail added up as well in this small item.

Shipment: This is always quoted by the seller, you will have absolutely no idea how things be packaged or dressed. Surely the seller will make it looks brilliant, but is it necessary for spending a fortune in dressing up a cheap second hand item?! I will leave it to the environmentalist..

How much again did I ended up with? Possibly more than buying a new one locally.

I think I will close my account after this transaction..! Ebay is for people who lives in the US (we possibly have a local one but they still charge you big for sending things locally instead of you collecting it by yourself..!)

Long life! Post/mailing office...! ^_^
(photo: a hidden merlion in the Tourist Court)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

agagag

11:33 PM  
Blogger 百恩木子 said...

I take that as a laugh..!? -_^
Still haven't received the treasure yet.. possibly a test of patient again. (sigh)

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home