Saturday, August 11, 2007

Vietnam trip 1

3 things, well 4 things to thank God about the trip

1. The missionary
I was being picked-up by a HK missionary working who has been working in Hanoi for 3 years..! I contacted her in less than 72 hours before the trip through a friend. The response was quick and indeed she helped me to buy train ticket to Sapa at the same night after I arrived Hanoi. It's always feel warm when so one wait for you at the gate... But the hospitality and the info the missionary passed to me was precious and useful (indeed, she got friends from time to time going there and even got her own tour info print out).

2. Train ticket
First the one to Sapa, which is 9 hours to from Hanoi. I tried booking with agent, they said it was full. With the help of the missionary (I think 90% local don't understand English) and the extra train on that night did follow my own itinerary and schedule. Amazing!

3. Before home
a The zip
The night before my dad and I was on the street, bargaining with the motorcycle driver about the cost of taking 2 people back to hotel (ya, 3 people riding the motorcycle together!). I wasn't aware but then found my waist bag was 2/3 zipped open. A girl with covered face and a cap was walking back to her stall (she was looking after a stall on the street floor). I had no evidence that she did the zipped-out job but felt totally angry about the situation. The thing in the bag was indeed my film camera which I would be shocked if I lost it...

b. The boarding pass
As titled, I don't know what happened.. I just couldn't find my boarding pass when I lined up to board the plane... I ran around the small airport waiting area, the toilet, the 2nd floor after I went thru all my bags... Ended up the airline staff bought me out of the custom and printed another boarding pass to me. I was the last one got into the plane and be seated... No penalty as an expat I saw out of the check-in counter which he only carried a photocopy of a air-ticket which the airline refuse to recognise it as a formal document. I was so lucky to lost it inside the waiting area then...

4. The father
We met in the hotel as I am too lazy to pick him up from the airport (took at least 1/2 hr and US$10 to get there from the hotel). We had a good time in riding motorcycle and touring around the place. The funny part is, he still enjoyed trying different things and still got the strength to do a lot walking with me... remain as a good travelmate!

Thanks Dad! ^_^

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, what an excited and blessed trip you just had!! happy for you too :D

kathy

5:35 PM  
Blogger 百恩木子 said...

ya, amazing!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home