Sunday, August 05, 2007

waiting for train back to Hanoi fr Lao Cai

Thank God... it's a long walk and long wait today...

The trip in Sapa was good, did a bit of trekking by myself... though the weather wasn't that fine with little drips of shower. So I would think the photo might turn out bad... anyway, I don't have the cable to upload the photos in here, this small little boundary town between Vietnam and China... called Lao Cai (means old street).

The second day, which means today, weather is hot, no rain and I have been to the famous Bac Ha market... I am not a great shopper, so not much things I bought from the tribes but interesting to see some animal selling there.. horses, buffaloes, pigs and even dogs (for what purposes I do not know...!).

Food is still good here, no reaction after consumption yet though I haven't tried any high risk stuff on the street...

The hassle right now is to wait for the train to come. Travel agent might be link with the hotel, which the hotel would say tickets are fully booked... So scary. And then you have no choice to rush to the railway station since you have other activities to do on the day. I also tried to buy the ticket immediately from the railway station after I landed but no luck, they said they could not pre-sale ticket...

The rule of the game is: You got a receipt from travel agent and then they will send someone at some time (2 hours before the train departed) to the entrance. All people got the receipt will wait for unidentified object to appear and get your receipt exchange to a train ticket... By that time you know how much the travel agent earned since the price of the ticket is printed and you exactly know how much you have paid before for sure...! Ok la, not live as a local, could not save that kind of money...

A miracle has to mention in here: by chance I met a friend's friend who came here to work... in a missionary. She greeted me when I arrived and assisted me to bought the ticket to Sapa by train at last minute (as you know how difficult to get one as mentioned above). Her ministry is meaningful and I shall introduce it some time.

will be continued... or until I am back..!? ;p

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Travel again! How many days have you been back from Redang!
I bet the views must be great but my great concern is the safety problem. Is it safe to go hiking at the China Vietnam border?

4:45 PM  
Blogger 百恩木子 said...

Both trips were 4 days apart as I start working straight away... Sounds unreal..! ;p

The trekking was safe as it is a tourist route with full of local hill tribe people (sales-women) and tourists along other than those isolated no-one-land. It's the weather which was bothering at the end of the day....

I will upload the photos soon..!

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home