Monday, December 03, 2007

Post 1/2 Marathon... 2/12/07

I don't think I will ever run anything over 10Km... it's just devastating and possible harmful to the body... *_*

I felt very happy after completing 10km as indicated on the road sign along the route, but my left knee started to ache (that was from my old wound as I got twisted in one of the ski trip back in Australia). Then it extended to the ankle of the left leg medially... That would be around 12-13k... This burning feeling got into my right knee then right ankle...

The most scientific explanation would be, I was trying to reduce pain by compromising with my gaits and pressure points...

As usual, I played with those paper cups I grabbed during the run. I found a way to drink water properly: to fold these cups in a V-shape so that I can put my mouth around and suck up the water or Power 100 (electorlyte drink). I've got no time to grab the free banana though..! ;p

Thank God, I've made it. The track was definitely easier than HK as very flat but a boring one as it was bounded with white boards as in construction site. It would be better if the Ferris wheel starts to work next year with some other constructions being done around the National Stadium...

My Ipod sport kit failed to record the distance that I have run. The time was around 2 hour 7 min.. I was disappointed with the failure of technology... >_<

Felt a bit warm on the face tonight, possibly a bit over-burnt by the sun during the race.. Not sure when my legs would be returned to me... hope it wouldn't be too long..!

Sorry guys, did not take any photo as I think the DC is too bulky.... Let's wait for the photo at the finishing line taken by the organisation later...

Thanks again for those encouraging words and support..!! They kept me up through joining the whole event..! ^_^

http://singaporemarathon.com/en/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home